Monday 13 February 2012

300 Workout (a.ka. This is Madness)

Perhaps I should have done the workout in a loincloth and cape.
The 300 Workout:
25 x pull-ups
50 x deadlifts @ 135lb
50 x push-ups
50 x box jumps @ 24"
50 x floorwipers (each side) @ 135lb
50 x single-arm clean and press @ 35lb dumbbell (25 per arm)
25 x pull-ups

Time = 39:08

I was feeling a bit crappy today. I had an upset stomach yesterday and didn't sleep too well last night. Combined, that left me feeling a bit weak. Usually when I don't feel 100% I stay away from timed workouts and just do some heavy lifting. However, I'd been putting off revisiting the 300 workout for some time and didn't want to miss out again. The last time I did this was nearly a year ago, and back then I completed it much quicker. Also, I did the floorwipers the same way as today - i.e. 50 per side - so I can't use the excuse that I did twice as many as I needed to today. Unlike before, I completed all the dumbbell c&j's on my left before doing them on the right.

Today's routine really wiped me out. When I was sitting in the locker room afterward, I was totally zoned out, staring at the floor. For a brief moment, my vision made it feel like I was disappearing down a tunnel (no, not a near-death experience - it wasn't that bad!)

Usually I get frustrated and mad with myself when a routine against the clock is slower than a previous time, but today I'm not being too hard on myself because it was just a matter of grinding out the workout. My breaks were pretty long, especially during the floorwipers and the c&j's. I'm not pleased by any means, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

That's odd, you must have changed it on your own the last time too because I am positive you did it with 50 total with me, although that was before you had a blog I believe so quite some time ago.

Common Sense Design said...

When I did the 300 workout this time and last time, I was basing it on the demo by Craig Ballantyne (above). Like you say, when I did it with you I didn't have a blog so I had nothing else to refer to (other than my memory, and we both know how reliable that is.)

Post a Comment