Saturday 25 February 2012

Full body

Miranda Oldroyd
Personal training with Paul

I was pretty anxious before today's workout because I wasn't sure how my left shoulder would hold up. It's not weight that's causing problems, but more the movement into certain positions. I was concerned that my injury might be quite serious and mean that I wouldn't be able to train properly for a while. In the end, my worries were pretty much unfounded and I got through the session without any problems.

Speed back squats:
115 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
170 x 2
165 x 5

This is the first time I've done speed squats and it took me a while to warm up to get a good flowing movement. It all happened pretty quickly so I'm not really sure what happened, but when I failed during the third rep at 170lb I lost my balance, my right ankle twisted, and I dropped the bar behind me. My ankle still hurts a bit today, but I think it's just bruised rather than anything more serious. It's certainly not as bad as when I hurt my the same ankle in the summer of 2010 while playing soccer; that time, it was swollen and was agony to walk. The injuries are mounting up!

======

Complex: 1 power clean + 3 front squats + 1 power clean (starting within 10 seconds)
95, 115, 120, 125, 125, 130

======

3 rft (5 minute cap):
20 sit-ups
30 x bicycle crunches
Time = 4:52 (phew!)

======

The complex is what proved to me that my shoulder injury isn't as bad as I feared, although I still have to be careful not to exacerbate it. The most painful part of my time at the gym was back in the changing room when I reached for my jacket from the coat rack!

No comments:

Post a Comment