Monday 6 February 2012

Full body

Mixed results today, but ended on a very high note.

Push press with hold for as long as possible - 3 sets of 3 @ 95, resetting each time
Warm-up: 60, 70, 80

This started off well, but got tough very quickly. I'd spent a decent amount of time warming up - a couple of rounds of slow Cindy - as I was still feeling a little sore after Saturday's workout. By the first rep of the third set the bar was pretty much coming down as soon as I locked out overhead.

======

I hadn't planned on doing heavy deadlifts today, but decided to at the last minute. Glad I did.

Deadlifts:
135 x 10
165 x 6
185 x 5
205 x 3
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x 1
275 x 1
285 x 1
295 x 1
305 x 1
310 x 1
315 (F)
315 x 1

Don't know why I decided to have a second attempt at 315 after failing the first time, as I usually quit after I fail. Anyway, this is the first time I've done conventional deadlifts with 3 x 45lb plates on each side of the bar. Considering how I felt in earlier, lighter rounds, I didn't think I was going to set a PR today. From 275lb onwards my head was spinning from the blood rush, which doesn't usually start that soon! Good end to the day. 



I'll have a rest day tomorrow because of my workload, then back to the gym on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Paul French said...

ahh shit you used the bar that only weighs 40 pounds, this wasnt actually 315......HAH just joking, did you look? Nice lift!

Common Sense Design said...

I know you could kick my ass from now until Christmas, but... YOU BASTARD! :-)

The bar had the rounded ends, so I assumed it was 45lb. Did I miscalculate? If so, it's still a PR, but only 310lb.

Paul French said...

Hah did you miss the "just joking" I added there? That was a clear three hundred fifteen pounds.

Common Sense Design said...

Damn my senility! Now my eyesight is joining my memory...

Post a Comment