Wednesday 8 February 2012

Full body

Gym was busy today, so my planned workout went out the window. The first 2 routines were made up on the fly, based on what was available at the time.

Alternate sets:

Cable rows:
120 x 5
130 x 5
140 x 5
150 x 5
160 x 4 (actually did 5, but form was crap on the last one)

Dips - max reps: 11, 9, 9, 8, 8

======

Alternate sets:

Dumbbell piston press - max reps @ 35s (per side):
12, 12, 11, 10, 10

Chin-ups - max reps:
10, 8, 7, 6, 5

======

"Rahoi" - Amrap 12:
12 x box jumps @ 24"
6 x thrusters @ 75
6 x burpees

Score = 4 rounds exactly

As RXed this would be 95lb thrusters and bar-facing burpees. However, the gym was a bit crowded so I didn't really have room for that type of burpee, only regular ones. Also, 95lb thrusters would be more of  strength workout for me and I wanted this to be just conditioning, hence the lighter weight. Even then my arms were knackered from the earlier routines and I found these lighter thrusters tough. On more than one occasion during the third set I seemed to chicken out while doing box jumps. No idea why.

No comments:

Post a Comment