Saturday 30 July 2011

Upper body

Personal training with Paul.

This is my competition, now that I've introduced Cher to the CrossFit Games.
Every 5 minutes it's "How's Rich doing?"
Pull-up thingy:
Wide: 13-4-5-6-4-4
Narrow: 8-5-5-6-6-5
Neutral: 8-5-6-6-5
(29-14-16-18-15 = 101 / 17 sets)

======

Db bench press - max reps at:
40s x 15
45s x 9
50s x 3
60s x 1 (hand off)
40s x 12

======

Push press - 5 x max reps @ 75
12, 15, 13, 15, 16

No idea where the energy for those increasing reps came from.

Guess the Abs
All of the above turned out to be just a warm up for the rest of my day. I got home and had a snack, resting for 30 minutes. Then I spent 5 hours ripping the siding and shingles off the front of my house. The siding was easy, using a crow bar. However, whoever put up the shingles should have that crowbar shoved up their ass; each shingle was nailed to the wood wall underneath with at least 8 nails, which made their removal a total bitch. I had to use a shovel, wedge up under the bottom of the shingles, then power up to raise the nails out. 

Just. Like. A. Push press. 

And no, the goddamn irony is not lost on me, today of all days. I basically had a 6 hour upper body workout. I'm not looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Is that Lindsay Smith?

Common Sense Design said...

Yep. I don't think she has an ounce of body fat. Damn her.

Post a Comment