Tuesday 26 July 2011

Full body: Light weight

Shana Alverson
I was sore from yesterday's heavy weight session, so today I really had to guts it out.

For time:
21 Front squats @ 95
21 CrossFit push-ups
15 Front squats @ 95
15 CrossFit push-ups
9 Front squats @ 95
9 CrossFit push-ups

Time = 8:35

It was a struggle to maintain the correct grip for the squats, and I didn't always manage it. However, when I did get it right - by picking up the bar from the rack, resting it further back on my shoulders - it did feel easier. As I got more fatigued and my chest wasn't at the right angle, I could feel the bar slipping forward, thus putting more strain on my wrists. Still, I did manage quite a few reps with good form, so that's an improvement. I just need more practice for this to feel natural.

======

3 rft:
8 Dips
8 Thrusters @ 95lb

Time =11:01

The thrusters were probably the toughest part of today's workouts. I had to redo 2 reps because I couldn't lock out my arms overhead. Plenty of breaks for the thrusters, too, hence the slow time. I only managed 2 sets of 3 reps; the rest were doubles and singles.

======

For time:
10 Dumbbell military presses @ 35s
20 Power cleans @ 95
30 Burpees
40 Sumo deadlift high-pulls @ 95

Time =14:32

I did a few warm-up military presses with 40s, but struggled with locking out my arms, so I dropped to 35s for the actual routine. The sumos were going to be with an 80lb barbell, but it made more sense to use the same weight as the cleans. The presses were 8 + 2, the cleans - from the ground - broke down into 4 sets of 5 reps, the burpees were 3 x 10, and the sumos started off with a few sets of 5 reps, then 4s and 3s.

Two good days of challenging workouts, but I know I'm going to hurt tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment