Monday 14 February 2011

Legs

This felt like a much more challenging leg workout than last week's.

Partial squats (11 holes) 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
185, 205, 225, 245, 260

My PR was 255. I'm aiming to get to three reps @ 280 (double my bodyweight) by Easter.

======

For time:
50 back squats @ 140
40 jump squats @ 45 (empty bar)
30 jump lunges @ 47.5s
20 db front squats @ 47.5s
10 back squats @ 140

Time = 20:24

I used 5 risers as my target for the weighted squats so I knew I was hitting a consistent depth each time. The first 50 squats was broken down into five sets of 10; the last round of 10 squats was 3, 3, 2, 2.

I had a quicker time back in November 2010, but with slightly less weight. Also, the preceding exercise last time was slightly less challenging, so perhaps that might have been a factor. I'm not sure what my form was like in November, but today it was flawless. During the jump lunges I thought I was going to lose my breakfast, so there's no doubt in my mind that I gave it everything!

======

Amrap 10:
12 air squats
12 lunges (6 per leg)
12 jump squats
12 jump lunges (6 per leg)

Score = 4 rounds plus 12 air squats

My biggest achievement today was keeping down my oatmeal. Always a risk when I do quick squats.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Slightly less weight before, and a slightly different routine lol. I assume the lunges were 30 per leg? Either way the original workouit was travelling lunges, which imo are easier than jumping lunges. So ya made the routine harder....you like doing that lol.

Common Sense Design said...

Yeah, there were 30 lunges per leg. No idea why I switched to jumping lunges - it wasn't a conscious decision. I only wanted to use 40s, not 42.5s, but someone else was already using them. This was probably the hardest part of the routine. I broke it down into sets of only two per leg and nearly toppled over a few times.

I was going to do some leg extensions to finish off this morning, but ran out of time.

I just realised that I forgot to stretch this morning when I finished. I'm going to pay for that tomorrow!

Post a Comment