Thursday 17 February 2011

Conditioning

My legs are still knackered from Monday's workout, but plenty of stretching and some air squats helped loosen me up. 

I trained earlier than usual today so I could set up in the yoga/aerobics room and have more space. The first routine includes over the bench jumps. 24" is still too ambitious right now, so I set up a 24" station for the box jumps - and lateral jumps - and a set of 7 risers with a step for the OtB jumps.

10 burpee broad jumps
40 box jumps @ 24"
10 burpee broad jumps
40 bench-supported lateral jumps (per side) @ 24"
10 burpee broad jumps
40 over the bench jumps (40 total) @ 7 risers + step
10 burpee broad jumps
40 jump lunges per leg

Time = 17:31 (PR = 21:50)

The OtB jumps were actually less intimidating than I expected, but I still need to work my way up to 10 risers and a step. Next time I do these I'll move up to 8 risers.

======

20 squats
20 burpee box jumps
20 push-ups
15 burpee box jumps
20 tuck jumps
10 burpee box jumps
20 jump lunges per leg
5 burpee box jumps
20 squats

Time = 15:19

This was slower than last time - 14:12 - but back then I started with this routine; it wasn't following another challenging workout.

Surprisingly, the tuck jumps were the hardest part of this because I was so out of breath when I started them. I began with single reps before I could get a rhythm going and string together 3 or 4 tuck jumps.

A good end to a pretty good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment