Wednesday 16 February 2011

Pulling

Today was supposed to be my conditioning day with lots of box jumps. However, I'm pushing it to tomorrow instead because my quads and glutes are so sore! Walking down stairs is hard enough without trying 24" box jumps.

Weighted pull-ups 5x5 @ 37.5
3, 4, 4, 3, 3

Never got close to the RXed 5 reps.

======

Cable row 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
130, 140, 150, 155, 160 (1.5)

======

For time:
40 single arm db rows @ 55 (40 per arm)
40 chin-ups

Time = 8:52

The last time I did a routine like this I completed all of the left arm reps before doing the right arm. This time I alternated throughout the 40 reps. I did 10 rows with my left (weaker) arm, then 10 with my right. All the remaining reps were broken down into sets of 5, except for the last few which were 3 and 2. I probably could have done 5 consecutive reps at the end but I deliberately wanted to avoid one arm being more fatigued than the other when I got to the chin-ups.

======

Incline curls: 4 sets @ 25s
7, 3, 4, 3

For some reason my right (stronger) arm struggles with good form more than my left because I have trouble keeping my right elbow from moving.

5 comments:

Paul French said...

When doing 5x5, you must get 5 reps on the first set, if you do not you should lower the weight.

Common Sense Design said...

I don't know why I picked 37.5. I think I looked at what you did and aimed for roughly 75% of the weight you used.

Common Sense Design said...

http://paulsfitnessblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/february-5-2011.html

Paul French said...

heh I remember that one, 75% is a rough estimate, sometimes I'll beat ya by more :)

Common Sense Design said...

It used to be 66% (two thirds), so I'm gaining on you! ;-)

Post a Comment