Tuesday 1 January 2013

Upper body

I felt a bit bleh this afternoon, which is when I had planned to train at the Stonecroft gym. I had an upset stomach after eating a few almonds, which I'd forgotten sometimes make me feel ill. I never used to like the taste of them until a few months ago, some time after I started eating much better. Ironically, I soon discovered that just a handful of almonds would give a wobbly tummy. I ate one this morning, and it tasted sooo good, I just had to eat another dozen or so. Big mistake. Anyway, this consequently affected my concentration a bit while I was working out, so no major successes today.

Alternate sets

Incline dumbbell bench presses @ 35s: 10, 10, 9, 8, 7
Incline dumbbell flies @ 25s: 10, 10, 10, 9, 9

===

Incline reverse flies: 15s x 10; 20s x 10, 10; 25s x 10*
Dumbbell snatches @ 35s: 5, 5, 5, 5 (per side)

* I've done these before with Paul, but I can't remember what the proper name is for this exercise.

======

Row 1,000m
Time = 5:29

That's 32 seconds quicker than last week. I think I was rowing angry while watching the Southampton vs Arsenal game live on the gym's TV. God, the Gunners were friggin' awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment