Wednesday 9 January 2013

Upper body

I'd planned on doing Fran today, to see how my time compares to the reverse Fran I did a few weeks ago. However, I had a really crappy night's sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't get back to sleep, so read some Sherlock Holmes stories for a couple of hours. That did the trick, and I eventually fell asleep again. When I woke up this morning - around 7:30, which is late for me - I felt exhausted, but I thought this would pass after a few coffees and a long shower. When I got to the gym and started warming up with some light squat cleans/thrusters and pull-ups, I was sweating so hard I knew there was no way I'd get through a routine as demanding as Fran. In the end, I decided to do some simple heavy-ish upper body work.

Bench press; 6 holes, small bench
115 x 5
120 x 5
125 x 5
130 x 5
135 x 2, 3

======

Supersets, relative max reps
Inverted rows, feet elevated - 12, 11, 10, 9, 9
Dips (strict, no swinging) - 12, 8, 8, 7, 7

======

Cable fly curls, drop sets
30s - 10, 10, 9
20s - 8, 7, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment