Monday 14 January 2013

Full body

I want those arms and shoulders!
I feel much better today, and all the symptoms of overtraining have passed. Even though I only took one extra rest day - last week - and I had a PT session on Saturday, it feels like I've had a long break because I'm so refreshed. Weird. Anyway, kept it fairly short today because of a morning meeting.

Complex: 1 squat clean + 1 front squat + 1 squat clean + 1 front squat
95, 115, 125, 130, 135 (1 sc + 1 fs), 135, 140 (1 sc + 1 fs)

Identical outcome to last time I did this complex.

======

Lynne
Five rounds for max reps of:
Bench press @ 120lb (scaled from the RXed bodyweight)
Pull-ups
7/12 - 6/10 - 6/8 - 4/6 - 5/7

This was yesterday's main site WOD. The first set of pull-ups were all strict, and I gradually added more kipping reps as the workout progressed. I took as much rest as necessary between each set, and went to failure every time. If I couldn't complete a rep, that was it for the set. I don't know why I did it, but for the fourth set of bench presses I gripped the bar too wide, and that affected the number of reps I could manage. Here's the official demo video, with some seriously crappy pull-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment