Tuesday 15 January 2013

Full body

Push press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
85, 95, 105, 110, 115 (4)

======

Yesterday's main site WOD.

Deadlift - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
225, 245, 255, 265, 270 (3)

At last - an official demo video that actually emphasizes good form and technique for a lift. I followed the advice of the trainer and leaned back once I had a good grip of the bar, because that put the weight firmly in my heels. Besides, there's no danger of me toppling backward, which gave me confidence with my posture. Plus, this helps to avoid "stripper's butt"! Also, I was strict about not letting gravity pull the bar on the way down, so I ensured that I had control when I lowered the bar. 

I used a one-rep max calculator to guesstimate what I should be aiming for with my final set. As my 1RM is 325lb, the target came out as roughly 280lb, which is 10lb more than I managed. However, when I do a 1RM routine, my form is usually dodgy for the final lift, whereas today I was being ultra strict with my technique. Therefore, I'm not disappointed with "only" hitting 270lb for three reps. I was very pleased with my form today, so that's a good trade-off.

I wore long jogging pants today to try and protect my shins, but when I was squatting to address the bar for my last set I could see some blood showing through!


======

Wide cable rows; max reps @ 80lb
20, 15, 12

I don't want to overtrain again, so tomorrow will be a rest day. I'd forgotten that when I trained like this before, I worked out on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (PT session), so that's what I'm sticking with for a couple of weeks. I'll probably switch back to the previous pushing, pulling, legs and conditioning split at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment