Tuesday 6 November 2012

Legs

Usually without 165lb on my back.
On Saturday morning - before my training session - I had a pain in my left shoulder. It went away by the time I got to the gym, and it didn't cause any problems during my workout, so I didn't think anything more about it. Yesterday was a pushing day, and I did some push ups, bench presses and fast push presses. Again, no problems. However, by late afternoon my shoulder started to hurt quite a lot when I moved it a certain way. It wasn't the same as the injury I had earlier this year; this is more of a clicking and grinding sensation (hard to explain). I felt fine this morning, but thought it best not to do my usual Tuesday pulling workout and switched to a leg day instead.

Supersets
Box back squats - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (small bench, wooden step)
135, 145, 155, 160, 165

Jumping lunges (BW) x 10 per leg

======

Deadlifts
175 x 6
195 x 4
225 x 1
255 x 1
275 x 1
295 x 1
310 x 0, 1
320 x 0

With my first attempt at 310lb I tried to use wrist straps and I almost completed the lift, but I felt unbalanced on my left side as the strap felt uncomfortable (probably because it felt weird using them with a mixed grip). I rested a few minutes and tried again - successfully - without the straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment