Monday 16 July 2012

Pushing

Training to be a doctor, yet still finds time to train at this level.
Compared to Julie Foucher, no one has a valid excuse for not exercising.
Push press
85 x 5
90 x 5
95 x5
100 x 5
105 x 2

I got the bar overhead for a third rep at 105, but it was slightly in front of me and didn't stay up for too long. 

I need to remember to warm up enough before I train, especially for pushing workouts. The first two sets felt tougher than they should, while the first rep at 100lb pretty much flew off my shoulders straight up, because I managed to get so much power for that first lift. That was only possible because I was obviously warmed up by that stage.

======

Bench press (machine)
95 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 5
135 x 5
140 x 3

I don't know why, but I decided to use the machine for bench presses today, mainly because I hadn't done so for years. I'm not sure it accomplished anything, but oh well. It makes a change from my small bench/six holes set up.

======

8 rft:
10 x military presses @ 25s
10 x push-ups
Time = 15:17

I just made this up on the spot, so I've nothing to compare it to. Not sure if it's a decent time, but it definitely burned my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment