Monday 9 July 2012

Pushing

That looks a bit more than 65lb.
Trifecta: military press, push press, split jerk, all @ 65lb
Do each move to failure, then move onto the next one
Set #1: 5, 6, 2
Set #2: 5, 7, 2
Set #3: 4, 5, 2
Set #4: 4, 4, 2
Set #5: 4, 5, 2

This is based on a Greg Glassman CrossFit video I found on my laptop at the weekend. I'd downloaded it ages ago, but didn't get round to watching it until Saturday. When I planned this morning's workout, I thought I'd warm up with 65lb, but do this routine with 80lb. However, it felt challenging enough with 65lb, so that's what I stuck with throughout. I'm not sure of the benefits of this type of workout, but at least it allowed me to get three types of press into a pretty short routine.

======

Superset:
Incline dumbbell flies - 25s x 10, 30s x 7, 25s x 10, 8, 9
Incline dumbbell bench presses - 25s x 10, 30s x 3, 25s x 4, 5, 5

My pecs were still really sore from Saturday's bench presses, and that caused me some problems with this superset, especially the db presses. I failed pretty early with the 30s for both the movements - compared to last time - so I dropped down to 25s again, just so I could keep doing the workout. To (kind of) compensate, I added an extra set to increase the total number of reps.

======

Bearing in mind how sore my chest felt, perhaps this wasn't a great idea.

Superset:
Dips - 9, 6, 4, 5, 4
Hand-release push-ups - 5, 4, 4, 3, 3

======

Weighted decline sit-ups:
10lb x 22, 15lb x 10, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment