Saturday 7 July 2012

Full body

Lots of different moves today. My wrist was hurting this morning and I was a bit concerned it might affect my workout, but other than at the beginning of the session, it didn't cause any problems.

Hang squat clean and thruster
65 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 4 (failed the fifth thruster when I leaned forward during the squat)
95 x 5
95 x 5

======

Amrap 15
5 bench press @ 110
5 toes to bar
5 over the bench jumps @ 20" (per side)
Score = 7 rounds + 4 bench presses

======

Russian kettlebell swings
16kg x 15
20kg x 15
24kg x 15
24kg x 15
24kg x 15

3 comments:

Paul French said...

Ya did better on pacing yourself in that bench press routine than you normally would with that movement, with the only failed rep being the in the last 30 seconds.

Also the cleans I wouldn't normally allow today but only did because your wrist was sore. When it feels better you must go back to catching it with elbows pointed straight ahead.

Common Sense Design said...

I wasn't sure how you felt about the amrap. I deliberately didn't go flat out from the beginning and tried to pace myself, which probably accounts for the low number of failed reps throughout the whole routine. I didn't know if I should have gone quicker and pushed myself more.

My wrist actually felt much better after our workout. Perhaps all it needed was some punishment! I can't remember, but did my elbow position improve as the cleans routine progressed? There was slight pain in the first two sets, but I don't recall feeling anything after that.

Paul French said...

You were close on a few of the reps on bench press, so trying to go faster would have just resulted in more failed reps in bench and the T2B, and a worse score.

No your elbows stayed pointed to the ground, but because your wrist was bothering ya a bit I let it continue.

Post a Comment