Wednesday 18 July 2012

Legs

I'm really enjoying the return to focusing on one area each day. It allows me to pound the shit out of one body part during each session. I decided to go really heavy on my first routine, then do something light and quick to finish.

Trap bar deadlift
170 x 10
220 x 6
260 x 3
310 x 1
325 x 1
330 x 1
335 x 1
340 x 1
345 x 1 (PR)

It's been a while since I went for a 1RM with any type of lift. I did it today for a bit of a change, but I won't be going back to trying to hit a 1RM PR each week. Here's my final lift. It actually didn't feel too bad while I was doing it, even though my sweaty grip caused the bar to slip after I stood up. Also, I reviewed the video straight after this lift and it's clear my back is starting to bow. Rather than go all the way to failure, I decided it was best to quit rather than risk even worse form with a heavier lift.


To put this PR in perspective, it's 20lb lighter than the weight Neal Maddox cleaned at the weekend.

======

21-15-9:
Back squats @ 115lb, a2g
Jump squats per leg with 30lb dumbbells
Time = 11:58

Following this metcon, my bike ride home was frigging brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment