Wednesday 11 July 2012

Legs

Let the games begin...
Bit of a so-so workout today. I didn't sleep too well - I had trouble falling asleep, then I woke up early - so my head was all over the place. I have a busy day with work, so I cycled to McDonald's for breakfast - scrambled eggs, oatmeal and a large black coffee. I went from there to the gym for an early workout, which is about a 2.5km ride straight before a leg workout! It's safe to say my legs were warmed up by this point.

Back squats (a2g)
115 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5

======

Front squats, resting when necessary (number of sets in brackets)
115 x 25 (4)
105 x 25 (4)
95 x 25 (3)

My right hand wasn't hurting today, but my wrist was quite stiff with limited flexibility. It felt like it was straining when I bent my grip back to keep the bar in position, so I couldn't get my elbows up as high as I should. That affected my balance and also my ability to hold the bar for more than 10 reps at a time at any weight. Also, halfway through the last set I got a stabbing pain at the base of my skull that had me doubled over when I racked the bar. It's fine now, but that was probably a combination of lack of sleep and the blood rushing to my head during the squats.

I was planning on doing some Bulgarian split squats, but I simply had no more gas in the tank at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment