Tuesday 24 July 2012

Pulling

Chin-ups (weighted)
25 x 3
35 x 3
40 x 3
45 x 3
50 x 3
55 x 3
60 x 2

I think the last time I did weighted chin-ups was back in February, when I got up to 3 reps with a 50lb dumbbell. That was as part of an alternating sets routine - along with push presses - so I'm not sure what this weight increase tells me. Still, I'm reasonably pleased with 60lb for two reps, although I need to figure out how to hang the weight off that belt/chain contraption because holding a heavy barbell between my feet was a bit uncomfortable. Because I hadn't done this type of workout for several months, I simply copied the same weight as last time, then kept going until I failed a rep.

======

Hang power snatches
65 x 3
75 x 3
80 x 3
85 x 3
90 x 2

I tried doing split snatches to start with, and they felt pretty comfortable in the first two sets. However, my co-ordination fell apart from 80lb onwards and I went back to doing straightforward hang power snatches without splits. This is a technique I'd like to master, as I felt it was much easier for me to get under the bar a bit, then stand up straight.

I know it look like I'm not making too much progress with my snatches, but I want to be patient and just keep practicing until I've perfected my technique.

======

This is one of those metcons I make up on the spot, then halfway through the first set I realise it's a damn stupid idea, and I feel like quitting.

12-10-8-6-4-2 rft:
Kipping pull-ups
Inverted rows on parallettes
Time = 8:58

No comments:

Post a Comment