Thursday 7 June 2012

Legs

Fooshay!
Started with today's main site WOD.

Front squats 3-3-3-3-3 reps (to parallel)
135, 155, 165, 170, 175 (2)

The guy in the demo video only goes to parallel, so that's what I stuck with, rather than my usual a2g. It didn't seem to make much difference; in fact, I was one rep less than my PR, which was a2g. This was due to my legs giving out on me, rather than a problem with my grip. I concentrated on stabilizing my core, keeping my head back and my chest up, which definitely helped with maintaining my horizontal elbow position.

======

I decided to revisit an old routine from 11 months ago.

For time:
20 back squats @ 135
30 back squats @ 115
40 air squats
20 traveling lunges @ 50s (total)
30 traveling lunges @ 35s
40 traveling lunges
Time = 12:29

I used exactly the same weights as before a I only wanted to see how my time would improve. I finished 1:40 faster than my previous attempt.

Despite spending some time stretching after today's workout, I know my glutes are going to hurt like hell tomorrow!

======

Evening: I did some light power cleans and squat cleans, just to work on my technique. I had intended to practice some double-unders, too, but I was so tired from this morning and the cleans that I kept making errors during my warm-up (single skips) so I decided to call it quits.

No comments:

Post a Comment