Monday 11 June 2012

Full body

Christmas Abbott
The first two exercises I did today are ones where I usually aim for a 1RM, but I wanted to focus on form and technique, so I went lighter than normal.

Clean and press 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
75, 85, 90, 95, 100 (4)

With the fifth attempt in the final set, I managed the clean and got the bar overhead but couldn't hold it there for more than a split second. I'm being strict with myself, but that would probably be regarded as a no-rep. That being said, I was very pleased that I was able to get four reps at 100lb with what I think was good form (I forgot my camera, so didn't video this). With all the cleans I caught the bar on my clavicle with my elbows up and forearms parallel. That meant I was able to power the bar up cleanly without using my shoulders too much, which I do when my elbows are pointing down. I didn't have to adjust my grip before getting the weight overhead. My 1RM is 125lb, but with crappy technique and very little control (my back was bending back and my feet were all over the place). This felt much more satisfying.

======

Trap bar deadlift, touch and go
170 x 10
220 x 8
240 x 6
260 x 6
280 x 6

I could feel my lower back starting to bow with the last rep, but every rep before that felt like decent form.

======

Bounce box jumps (only bounce rep count)
18" x 10
20" x 10
22" x 10

I added this at the last minute; no idea why. I think I started too high at 18" and couldn't get a good, consistent flow of reps. None of the sets were 10 consecutive reps. Oh, well. Still felt like a decent workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment