Tuesday 12 June 2012

Legs and posterior chain

My lower back felt a little sore this morning - which hasn't happened for a long time - so I did a bit of stretching before I started the first workout.

Back squats (a2g)
(Warm up: two sets of 115lb x 5)
135 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 4

I actually did 5 reps in the last set, but on reviewing the video I noticed at least one wasn't full range of motion. No rep!


======

Perhaps it was the back squats, but I found the soreness in my lower back got a bit stiffer as the next routine progressed.

Sumo deadlifts
185 x 6
225 x 3
255 x 3
275 x 3
285 x 1
275 x 1


I could feel my back starting to bow in the last two sets, so I abandoned them after one rep. I finished well below my best scores, but it wasn't worth risking making my back any worse. This feels more like stiffness, rather than an injury, so I'm not worried that it's anything worse than that. Still, not worth pushing my luck today.

======

Did some arm work and a bit of skipping while Madi worked up a sweat in her spin class.

No comments:

Post a Comment