Wednesday 27 June 2012

Full body

In my arrogance, I thought I could
match a Nasty Girl!
Another busy day, another hit-and-run quick, early workout.

Front squats
(Warm-up - 2 sets of 3 @95lb)
135 x 3
155 x 3
165 x 3
170 x 3
175x 2

======

21-15-9
Deadlifts @ 155lb
Thrusters @ 65lb
Time = 9:21

I went flat out as fast as I could, but - surprisingly - it was the light thrusters that slowed me down. The first round of deadlifts were unbroken, and I completed them in 38 seconds. The second round was broken down into 10 and 5; the last was unbroken, too. However, the thrusters took my breath away and I had to take several breaks in each round. The reps in the round of 9 thrusters were probably my quickest and smoothest because I got a good "bounce" rhythm going. As soon as I got down into the squat, I bounced back up and used the momentum to push the bar overhead. The thrusters started with the bar on the ground, so the first part of the movement in each round - or when I had to rest the bar - was a squat clean.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Do you think you'll try the rxd weight? You are strong enough to complete it but obviously wouldn't be a sprint but require pacing. Also nice job on the skipping yesterday, usually when ya master a few in a row, it becomes natural and the numbers keep going up.

Common Sense Design said...

It was RXed; just for women! I think I can definitely handle the heavier weight, but that would be my whole workout for the day. I just wanted a quick sprint today.

Post a Comment