Thursday 24 November 2011

Upper body: Heavy weight

Josh Everett
I did much better today than I anticipated because I felt pretty tired (sleepy, not fatigued).

Hang power cleans @ 125
(Warm up: 2 x 5 @ 95; 4 @ 105)
4, 4, 4, 4, 3

Last time I did these I managed 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, so this is a significant improvement. Today I had much more power from my hips, and I took my time to prepare myself between individual reps (no more than a couple of seconds each time.) I'm sure that helped as I felt more relaxed mentally. I was convinced I was going to get the fourth rep in the final round, but was only able to get the bar up halfway, hence the loudly hissed "Shit!" when I failed.

======

Split jerk: 65 (5), 75 (3), 95 (3), 95 (3), 95 (3), 95 (2)

Nice and consistent, plus better than last time.

======

Hang power snatches: 45 (5), 70 (3), 85 (3), 90 (2)

Again, an improvement; I failed at 90lb last time, so this is a PR.

======

Weighted sit-ups - max reps @ 8lb: 10, 10, 9, 10

======

Relative max push-ups: 32, 20, 13, 13

Overall, it feels like a good week's training. I didn't overdo it so even though I've made significant progress I don't feel like I've over-trained. Plus, I've learned some valuable lessons from my videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment