Tuesday 15 November 2011

Upper body: Heavy/moderate weight

Hope Solo
This turned out to be an expensive training session:

Bench press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (large bench, 7 holes):
95, 115, 125, 135 (3), 135 (2)

Exactly the same reps as last time.

======

Wide-grip pull-ups - max reps:
11, 8, 7, 7, 5

======

Push presses with 2 second hold - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
Each round starts with a power clean
75, 85, 95, 100, 105 (2), 105 (F)

My arms and shoulders were already feeling tired with the 2 reps at 105lb, but I rested almost 2 minutes so I could try again. Big mistake. I cleaned the bar and got it overhead, but couldn't lock out. My arms completely gave up and I had to drop the bar from what must have been chest height. I was using the 10lb bumper plates so I wouldn't have to crouch too low to start the cleans (the rest of the weights were metal), so when I dropped the bar the thin plates buckled. It wasn't until I removed the left bumper that I noticed I had cracked it. I'd been warned not to throw down the new plates, but there was nothing I could do about this today. I simply had no arm or grip strength left so I had to let go. Balls.

======

Push-ups - 4 x relative max
29, 24, 15, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment