Thursday 10 November 2011

Arms

Erin LaVoie, world-champion lumberjack
Still felt a bit tired today, so I took it easy. A short run from Grandview to the gym, after taking Madi to school, which helped me warm up.

Alternate sets

Straight bar curls - max @ 50: 14, 14, 11, 9
Dumbbell skull crushers - max @ 22s: 13, 13, 10, 7

Barbell preacher curls - max @ 50: 10, 8, 9
French presses - max @ 25: 10, 7, 7

======

Tricep push-downs - max @ 45: 7, 5, 5

======

For the past couple of months, until recently, I've been doing just upper body work because of my hip problem. My hip is 95% better now, but I think all those upper body routines are coming back to haunt me because my arms and shoulder are completely knackered, while my legs feel fine. I've done some heavy leg routines this week but they don't seem to have had any adverse effects on me, whilst the arm and shoulder routines have - for the most part - been less than adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment