Tuesday 29 November 2011

Grace / Body weight

I really wish I'd started videoing my workouts before because the ones I've been recording recently are showing up flaws in my form that I wasn't aware of. For example, I did Grace today - 30 clean and presses for time - using 105lb for the first time. My time was pretty slow today and I'm surprised that adding only 5lb would be so challenging compared to last time. However, what's apparent from the video below is that my form on a lot of reps was crappy. Too many times I didn't lock out my arms overhead (I know the bar doesn't need to stay up as this is a metcon, but they do need to be straight), plus I'm leaning back a lot so that the bar is pretty much in front of me rather than just behind my head. Still, I'm not being too hard on myself because at least now I'm aware I'm doing something wrong and can correct it.

Grace: 30 clean and jerks for time @ 105



Compare this to my effort: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydeCu7W1VRc

======

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps for time:
Kipping pull-ups followed by hand release push-ups

Time = 9:01

No comments:

Post a Comment