Monday 7 November 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

How I felt today
The Monday Morning Curse strikes again!

Rack bench press 5, 5, 4, 4, 3 (small bench, 6 holes)
115, 125, 130, 135 (2), 135 (2)

Last time I did this I got 4 reps in the fourth set at 135lb, and 2 reps at 140lb in the final round, so that's quite a significant drop. Not a good start. However...

======

Partial back squats 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (safeties @ 11)
Warm up: 3 @ 185
215, 235, 255, 280, 300 (2)

A new PR - that's the first time I hit any reps at 300lb with this routine, so very pleased with that, especially as it was 2 reps and not just 1. I attempted a third, but after I'd squatted down I couldn't get back up and left the bar on the safeties. At the start of the final round I'd only set up the bar for 295lb then thought, what the hell - go for it!

======

Amrap 12:
Neutral pull-ups
8 push-ups when I drop from the bar
Score = 57 pull-ups; 12 breaks; 88 push-ups

The first routine today - bench presses - were pretty crappy. This seems to be a recurring theme on Monday mornings and it's frustrating not knowing the cause. Is it because I don't get my nutrition right at the weekend (I don't eat crappily, just at irregular times)? I don't think it's because I have a rest day on Sundays as I also have one on Fridays and seem to do ok the next day. Then again, it seems to be only when I do upper body work on Monday mornings, as the rack squats PR shows.

Post work-out snack: spicy turkey meatballs with sweet potato rosti and a little mango sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment