Wednesday 12 December 2012

Legs

A short-ish workout today, but I know my legs are going to hurt like a bitch tomorrow.

Romanian deadlifts
95 x 8
115 x 6
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 3, 3

Searching my blog, I can't find any record of me doing Romanian deadlifts before, other than with the trap bar. I think this might be the first time I've done them, and I really wasn't sure what weight to use. With both sets at 185lb I could feel my form starting to break down, so I stopped at 3 reps each time, even though I might have been able to knock out another one.

======

5 rft:
Back squats (a2g) - 10 x 135
Traveling lunges - 25 per leg
Time = 15:57

I pretty much made this up on the spot, and towards the end of the first set of lunges I knew it was going to be painful! The first set of both moves was unbroken, as were all the subsequent lunges. However, the squats had to be broken down into 5 and 5 for the remaining four sets. They weren't heavy, but the sheer number got the better of me. At the end my quads were burning like someone had poured acid on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment