Tuesday 11 September 2012

Upper body and Conditioning

Not a fellow resident
Time ran away from me this morning, as I'm still getting used to living a bit further away from the downtown core, thus taking longer to get around town. Consequently, I couldn't make it to ABsolute Fitness and had to settle for a workout in the Stonecroft gym. I don't think I'll be doing that too often.

Supersets

Seated shoulder press @ 25s - 14, 10, 10, 7, 8
Upright dumbbell rows @ 25s - 14, 11, 10, 8, 8

===

Push presses @ 25s - 20, 18, 14, 14, 14
Push ups - 12, 8, 7, 6, 7

I thought the heaviest dumbbells in the gym were 50lb, which would have given me a significant challenge, but I was mistaken: they only go up to 25lb! My shoulders started to burn during the routines above, but - as is apparent from the high rep numbers - it took a long time to get there!

======

2km on Concept 2 rowing machine @ 8 resistance
Time = 11:02

There were a couple of much older people in the gym while I was training, and they kept giving me funny looks while I was rowing. I don't think they've ever seen someone sweating and grunting in there before! When I stepped off the machine, I nearly keeled over when both my hamstrings started to cramp up. That wouldn't have impressed the neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment