Wednesday 5 September 2012

Legs

Back squats a2g - Smith rack
115 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
170 x 5
180 x 5
190 x 0

Both the free weight racks were being used this morning, so I went with the Smith rack again. This time, I took into account that the bar weighs 30lb. I've done 3 reps at 190lb before, so I was disappointed that I couldn't even manage one today. In fact, I've felt pretty tired all week. More about that below.

======

21-15-9 rft
Deadlifts @ 185
Weighted lunges @ 35s (per leg)
Time = 13:29

I probably could have used heavier weights for each of these movements, but I wanted to do a routine that enabled me to move as quickly as possible, rather than simply heavy. 

Earlier this week, I thought that Saturday's back-to-back metcons had taken more out of me than I expected, but that's probably a stretch. Then I realised that although my gym sessions haven't been anything too unusual, I've been spending two or three hours every day moving boxes and furniture to the new house. Try deadlifting a heavy sofa, then carrying it up and down stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment