Monday 30 April 2012

Full body (mostly legs)

Stoopid trap bar.
Squat cleans:
95 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 3
135 x 1 (failed second rep)
135 x 2 (failed third rep)
140 x 1 (failed second rep)
140 x 1 (failed second rep - just!)

I want to count my last set at 140lb as 1.75, because I was so close! It all happened pretty fast, but I think the bar was only inches away from my chest on my second rep. I seemed to lose my grip and the bar just dropped. Feck! That would have been a PR.

======

Trap bar deadlifts:
170 x 10
220 x 5
260 x 3
285 x 1
315 x 1
330 x 1
340 x 1 (equal PR)
345 x 0
345 x 0

I managed to equal my PR from a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think my form and technique was very good today - too much back, not enough legs. 

Not that it made any difference to my performance, but after the set at 260lb I could feel the rough grip on the trap bar was going to be tough to hold, so I went to get my gloves only to realise that I'd left them at home. D'oh! Hence the ripped calluses on my hands.

I'm planning on doing some running this afternoon at the Wilmot Rec Complex while Madi is having her swimming lesson, so lots of leg punishment today.

4 comments:

Paul French said...

A few points.
1) Nice job on the squat cleans, I remember it took you forever to hit 135, now that ya have it seems to be improving.
2) I was watching on the deadlifts, definately let your form go, please be careful you haven't hurt yourself really yet but the risk is there, keep filming and only continue to add weight when the form is solid.
3) This may be minor, but didn't you have 3 45's on each side? Is so that's 350, if that third plate was a 35 then nevermind, I wasn't close enough to see. I have wrongfully added the weight up with a trap bar a couple times.

Paul French said...

Oh and nice battle wound, as you know I have experienced that also.

Common Sense Design said...

Yeah, I definitely need to watch my form. I didn't injure myself today, but it wasn't very smart to continue adding weight because, even though I didn't film myself, I could tell my form was shit by 315lb.

I had two 45s on each side, plus a 35 bumper and couple of smaller metal plates.

Common Sense Design said...

I want to emulate your lifting ability, not your ripped up hands!

Post a Comment