Thursday 26 April 2012

Full body / Conditioning

About three weeks ago, I did a CrossFit Heroes WOD with Paul - The Six - but that was shortly after my return from England, and I was still feeling jetlagged. It was bugging me that I didn't feel like I'd given my best, so I was eager to try again. So glad I did.

6 rounds for time:
6 power cleans @ 115lb
6 box jumps @ 26"
6 dumbbell swings @ 55lb
6 over-the-bar burpees
Time = 20:31

That's 3:03 quicker than last time. I think there were two major differences today: (a) More consistent cleans. In the first round they were unbroken; the second, third and fourth rounds were three and three; and the last two rounds were 3-2-1. (b) My rest breaks were much shorter. I think I was a bit tougher mentally today, compared to three weeks ago, so I was talking myself into moving again every time I stopped.

I glanced at my watch at the end of the third round, and the time was 9:47. I thought the second half of the routine would be much slower and I wouldn't beat my previous time. However, the final time shows I was pretty consistent throughout.

In my blog from earlier this month, I noted that I felt nauseous, thirsty and crampy (is that a word?). Today, I was an exhausted puddle of sweat at the end - which is to be expected - but other than that, relatively good!

Feels like a monkey off my back.

======

Chin-ups, max reps: 10, 7, 6, 4

Not great, but after my performance with The Six, I don't give a shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment