Saturday 7 April 2012

Full body / Conditioning

Angie Pye
Personal training with Paul

No idea why, but this morning I felt a bit drained. I ate well yesterday (although I did have a "cheat" burger and fries for lunch) and I slept well last night, so I don't think they would be the cause. Anyway, I felt that my performance with today's metcon could have been quicker, if not for my general feeling of bleh (that's a medical term; look it up.) I think my rests would have been shorter. However, this was a challenging workout, so I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

This is a scaled/adapted version of a British Hero workout. Paul did this a while back - with heavier weights and higher box jumps, of course - which in turn was based on one of Chris's metcons in Brighton.

6 rounds for time:
6 power cleans @ 115lb
6 box jumps @ 26"
6 dumbbell swings @ 55lb
6 over-the-bar burpees
Time = 23:34

Early into this routine I thought I was going to puke! I was thirsty, but didn't want to drink too much because that would mean more liquid swooshing around in my stomach - not a good idea. That dehydration might account for the cramp I got in my right thigh in the changing room afterward. I clearly didn't look too good because another gym member commented that she thought Paul was going to kill me (like that would stop him). At the end I felt like I was going to pass out; I was light-headed, my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my head, and I was hyperventilating. Remind me why I do this?

Pull-ups, max reps: 12, 7, 6, 5

No comments:

Post a Comment