Thursday 5 April 2012

Running

Okay, that hurt a hell of a lot more than I expected.

My mid-back is still sore from yesterday's heavy back squats, and I think I might have pulled a muscle. It feels much better today than it did yesterday, but it's still bad enough that I decided not to go ahead with my planned power lifting routine at the gym this morning. Instead, I thought this was a good opportunity to go for my first run of the year, especially with the New Hamburg Classic only a few weeks away. I'm planning on running the 5K again this year, aiming to beat last year's time.

My quads felt a little tight from yesterday's leg session, but not too bad. However, after about 10 minutes it felt as though they were going to cramp up. There was some pain for the rest of the run, but not enough to make me quit.

I didn't time myself or measure the distance I ran. I wanted to check out the trails at Stonecroft, where I'll be moving in late summer/early fall. The signage there advertises 5K of trails and I think I covered most of it, plus the run to and from my house to Stonecroft.

I wasn't expecting too much from today's run, but I certainly wasn't expecting my legs to hurt this much! Clearly, I have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment