Tuesday 27 March 2012

Making do #2: Legs and Posterior Chain

I remembered my notebook today, so here's what I did in my Tuesday session. This was the only day this week that I was able to use free weights a part of a proper, organised workout. (I'm adding this week's routines after returning to Canada.) Usually, the small weights room was taken over by a handful of bodybuilders. I watched a pair of them as they did pull-ups. It's not an exaggeration, but my pull-ups are much better than theirs: They never straightened their arms at the bottom of the rep, barely breaking 90 degrees, plus they struggled to get their chins over the bar. Wusses!

I started with a machine-based routine until I noticed the weight room was empty. All weights are in kilograms throughout this week.

Leg extensions:
8 x 30kg
6 x 35kg
6 x 40kg
5 x 45kg
5 x 45kg

======

Deadlifts:
8 x 60kg
6 x 90kg
5 x 100kg
4 x 105kg
3 x 105kg

======

Front squats, hamstring to calf:
6 x 40kg
3 x 50kg
3 x 55kg
3 x 60kg
3 x 65kg

No comments:

Post a Comment