Monday 19 March 2012

Full body: Heavy weight

This is the gym I'll be using when I'm in London next week.
I hope I don't embarrass myself with those heavy weights.
Back squats to parallel
135 x 5
155 x 3
165 x 3
185 x 3
195 x 3
200 x 3
205 x 2
210 x 2
215 x 1

This started out by pausing at the bottom of the squat, but I couldn't maintain that past 165lb as my lower back was feeling a little stiff. However, rather than stop there I just continued by doing regular squats to parallel. I think the final rep at 215lb is 50/50 for depth.


======

Power clean and press
95 x 3
105 x 3
110 x 2
115 x 2
120 x 1

I failed on my second rep at 120lb, but it was pretty close. This equals my PR, but I wasn't able to even attempt a second rep last time, so even though I didn't complete the press it still feels like a bit of improvement.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

nice job on the clean and presses, last time you did them with me I believe you could barely even get 115 for one, maybe that added overhead pressing is starting to pay off.

Common Sense Design said...

Thanks. I managed one rep at 120 a couple of weeks ago, but today it felt more comfortable (if that's the right word). I think the difference is improved technique, not necessarily increased strength. I'm getting much more power from my hips and doing it more consistently. I felt like crap again this morning - four hours sleep! - but somehow managed to stay focused.

Post a Comment