Tuesday 6 March 2012

Klepto(ish)

U.S. Air Force Major David "Klepto" L. Brodeur
Just 1 routine this morning, based on today's main site wod. I scaled the weighted portion - the squat cleans - 2 ways, although one of them was inadvertently.

"Klepto"
4 rounds for time of:
27 Box jumps, 24" box
20 Burpees
11 7 Squat cleans, 100lb (RX = 145lb)

Time = 27:33

I only planned on scaling the weight for the squat cleans, but for some reason I got it into my head that I was supposed to do 7 reps, whereas the workout specifies 11. As I completed each round, I put a check mark on my workout sheet. It was after I had finished the third round of squat cleans and I was adding the third check that I noticed my error. I thought of adding on the "missing" squat cleans after I had done my fourth round of 7 - which would have meant another 16 squat cleans - but by the time I'd completed my shortened set of squats I felt like I had no more gas in the tank, plus I was already closing in on a half hour routine. I'm not ashamed to admit it, but at that point I quit. I simply had no more energy and all the will in the world couldn't get another squat clean out of me.

I was laying on the ground afterward, trying to avoid drowning in my own sweat, when I overheard two women going into the changing room. One asked the other, "Is he still breathing?"

When I was planning today's session I thought I might be able to fit in another routine, as I had no idea how long Klepto would take me. However, yesterday I didn't do as well as I expected because I didn't spend enough time stretching and warming up, and I didn't want to make the same mistake today. Therefore, I spent around 10 minutes warming up before I started the clock, which didn't leave me enough time to do anything else this morning.


The wod demo

No comments:

Post a Comment