Wednesday 27 February 2013

Quads and hamstrings

I was supposed to do a couple of calf moves at the end, but ran out of time. Getting to and from the gym after a heavy snowfall was a pain in the glutes.

Back squats @ 145lb; hamstring to calf - 10, 10, 10
Should have gone heavier. I paused a few times at the top, but I could have added 10lb more.

Leg press @ 180lb - 20, 20, 18
I took short breaks every five reps. All reps were slow and controlled.

Traveling lunges @ 45lb dumbbells - 11, 9, 9 per leg
My grip gave out before my legs, but they were a close second.

Leg extensions - 5 minute burn @ 80lb
Hurt like a beeatch.

Stiff leg deadlifts @ 95lb - 12, 10, 10
Again, my grip gave out on me. The first two sets were with an overhand grip, but I switched to a mixed grip for the third. These were slow and controlled, too.

Leg curls - 5 minute burn @ 20lb
When I finished the last routine it was already 10:15, and I had to get back to work. Bugger - I really wanted to do the calf raises.

No comments:

Post a Comment