Tuesday 5 February 2013

Legs

Yep, that about sums it up...
I trained after lunch today. Straight after, which was a big mistake. I took Mum to Blue Orchid hair salon on the Kiwanis bus, which picked us up about 20 minutes earlier than we expected. I'd only just finished a plate of sweet potato, bacon and chicken when the bus arrived, so by the time I'd walked to the gym after dropping off Mum, only about 45 minutes had passed. I should have rested a while because I had plenty of time and didn't need to rush my workout, but I started warming up almost straight away. Anyway, eating a full meal three-quarters of an hour before doing a2g squats put more pressure on my stomach than I wanted and I felt sure I would be losing my lunch pretty soon. I took longish rests between sets of my first routine, which helped the food settle a bit, but still...

Front squats
135 x 5, 145 x 4, 4, 150 x 3, 3

Not my best performance with front squats by any means. My wrists felt a bit sore, perhaps because of all the cleans yesterday. That was the cause of my failures, rather than the squats themselves.

======

Deadlifts - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
225, 245, 255, 265, 270 (4)

Better...

======

Back squats
135 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 3

This was going really well and my technique was really good - core contracted, knees out, chest up - but in the third rep of the last set I felt like I was going to topple forward, so I decided to rack the bar and leave it at that.

======

Leg extensions @ 110lb - 9, 9, 9

======

50 sit-ups
50 ab roll-outs

Not a great performance today, but at least I had enough time to fit a lot of reps in, so not a complete bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment