Thursday 15 December 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

Not a great workout today. I felt a bit bleh because of a rough night's sleep, plus I have an infection in the ring finger of my left hand, which makes gripping a barbell a little painful. It actually isn't too bad, just painful enough to be distracting, thus limiting my concentration and focus.

The first routine was based on a main site WOD from a few days ago.

Resting 60 seconds between sets:
Bench press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
95, 105, 115, 125, 130, 135, 140 (1), 135 (1), 125, 125, 130

I set up the bench press like I usually do, using the small bench and safeties at 6 holes. This means the bar comes down about an inch from my chest at the lowest point when it hits the safeties. However, this time I had the bar on the rests above my head so that I started the move from the top position, rather than the bottom (safeties).

======

Push press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (from rack)
75, 85, 95, 100, 105, 105, 110, 115 (F), 115 (F)



My posture on the heavier push presses is pretty awful and it looks like I'm leaning back too much. I could certainly feel some pressure in my lower back (not painful) where it's arching. Coincidentally, the picture I posted on my last blog post shows what I'm doing wrong (middle picture). On the video you can see I get the bar overhead at 115lb - twice on the second attempt - but I wasn't happy with my form so I marked both sets as "F". The bar was a little bit in front of me - like with my last Grace attempt - and the bar didn't stay up very long.

Perhaps it's the lack of sleep, but the bar just felt heavy today. I've certainly had enough of a break from hard exercise because I had a rest day yesterday, the first time I've done that on a Wednesday.

======

Weighted sit-ups - 4 x max @ 8lb
12, 10, 12, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment