Thursday 22 December 2011

Conditioning

Supersets - 5 x max reps:
Bench presses @ 95 (small bench, safeties at 6 holes): 16, 9, 7, 6, 6
Pull-ups (strict): 7, 5, 5, 5, 4

My infected finger feels like it's almost recovered, but the pull-ups today have been the only exercise that's caused me any discomfort this week. In each round today I felt like I had the strength to do 1 or 2 more pull-ups, but my grip started to go because I couldn't hold onto the bar without gripping hard and causing some pain in my finger.

======

This is adapted (scaled) from yesterday's Crossfit WOD.

RFT 21-15-9:
Power cleans @ 105
Sit-ups
Time = 10:26

I used the sit-up bench where you lean back, and touched the ground behind me with alternating hands in each rep. Here's a video with Greg Amundson explaining the WOD. As RXed would have been 135lb cleans with GHD sit-ups. In retrospect, I wish I'd used 115lb for the cleans. I was going for speed today, but even scaling like this my final time is still much slower than scores shown on the Crossfit site. 115lb would obviously have been much more challenging, but I'm sure I could have done it. After all, I've done 110lb clean and jerks before in a metcon.

======

Dips below parallel - 5 x max:
9, 6, 4, 4, 4

2 comments:

Paul French said...

I saw that workout yesterday, ghd situps are one of the few crossfit exercises I deem dangerous, arching way back like that doesn't look too safe.

ps that conditioning workout was 110 pound clean and jerks, not 115.

Common Sense Design said...

Yeah, the idea of GHDs doesn't appeal to me. At least the way I did it gave my back some support. It was an interesting quick workout, but I'm not sure if I'll ever do it again.

Post a Comment