Friday 16 December 2011

Damn. Bugger. Piss.


I was planning on a heavy posterior chain and leg day, but I have a very painful infected ring finger on my left hand. It's been bugging me for just over a week, but seemed to be getting better until yesterday when I noticed that it was swollen, which coincided with it getting even more painful. Even the slightest touch is agony, so there was no way I was going to manage heavy deadlifts (or an empty bar, for that matter).

My doctor noticed my hands are really dry and the skin has cracked from the cold weather, so it's likely that bacteria has infected the broken skin on my finger. Now I'm on a 10-day course of antibiotics, which I hate because they always give me an upset stomach. I'm balancing the medication with a probiotic, so I hope that helps to stop me from losing any weight.

Anyway, the main bugger is that this means an extended rest period because I can't lift anything. The pharmacist reckons I should see some improvement within 48-72 hours, so I might be able to get back to training by Monday morning.

Feck!

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Shitty, one of my other clients (Doug Brenneman) will have his skin crack as it gets cold out, and brother they all dislike it.

Till it heels, work on what you can, hands can grip anything....work on leg presses and abs and stretching.

Common Sense Design said...

My doctor suggested a special moisturising cream for my hands, but I can't rub it in until my finger stops hurting at the slightest touch!

Good idea about using machines and doing bodyweight stuff that doesn't involve my hands. I might train tomorrow (Sunday) then do alternate days throughout the week.

Post a Comment