Sunday 2 February 2014

Chest and biceps

Gun show.
I got up at 6:15am and shoveled snow my neighbour's drive and my own, had breakfast and a shower, then headed to the gym. On the way I saw 95-year-old Giuseppe struggling to clear snow from the steps next to his property and St. George's Church on Waterloo Street. I offered to help him, and he gratefully accepted. I'm not noting this to blow my own trumpet, but because numerous able-bodied people were walking past Giuseppe and entering the church. Shame on you.

My training regimen has a slight change from today, based on Ben's suggestion. At the beginning of each workout, start with a routine that isn't part of the main session. So today, for example, my chest and biceps day started with deadlifts. This is to get some more back work into my training plan, while still allowing me time to recover before my main back day.

Deadlifts
135lb x 8, 8
185lb x 8, 8
195lb x 8, 8

I probably could have gone a few pounds heavier and still kept decent form.

======

Bench press
95lb x 5, 5
125lb x 4, 4, 4, 4

Incline bench press
95lb 7, 7, 6, 6

Dips - 11, 8, 7, 7

Cable flies
30s x 12, 8, 8, 9

======

Pinwheel curls
45s x 8, 8, 8

Standing barbell curls
80lb x 8, 7, 7

Machine preacher curls (burn)
37.5lb x 40

No comments:

Post a Comment