Sunday 23 February 2014

Conditioning

I wanted to get started on my conditioning program in preparation for my summer soccer season. It's been several months since I did any conditioning, so I knew this was going to be mentally tough. I'm going to make these more challenging over time, but today was just a mental warm-up.

3 circuits; 90 seconds rest
12 parallette jumps
15 burpees
30 kettlebell swings
10 punchbag shuttle runs

Jesus, I though my chest was going to explode. I knew the shuttle runs would be the hardest, but the burpees were surprisingly tough, too. I haven't done any for months, so it took a while to get any fluidity. Plus, I did some ab work yesterday so my core was nice and sore this morning.

200 x skipping rope skips

Leg extensions (burn)
75lb x 50

No comments:

Post a Comment