Saturday 25 May 2013

Oly lifts

Stacy Tovar
I wanted to do some Olympic lifting this morning, albeit light-weight, just to work on the movements. It's been months since I did any of these, but I wanted to see how it felt. About halfway through the first workout, my fucking sinuses flared up again; my head and left eye were throbbing in pain, and I felt a bit nauseous. That slowed me down, but didn't stop me completely. Still, I felt - and still feel - like crap.

Lots of warming up and stretches before I started this.

Power snatches @ 65lb - 5 x 6 reps

Yeah, this is really light, but in the past I've started upping the weight much too soon, to the detriment of my form and technique. Every rep today was pretty much flawless, with no press-out required. My elbows stayed locked straight, and my external rotation felt flexible enough for me to hold the bar slightly behind the line of my head.

Clean and presses @ 75lb - 5 x 6 reps

Again, very light, but perfect form.

100 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment