Tuesday 28 August 2012

Pulling

Some trainers would be all over Christy Phillips' elbows. Tsk!
Complex: 3 power cleans + 3 hang cleans
85, 95, 105, 115, 125 (2 hang cleans)


As you can see in the video, I dropped the bar straight after I completed the second hang clean at 125lb. This wasn't because my grip failed; I simply knew I didn't have a third rep in me, so I thought "Sod it!" and let the bar go. Both wrists held out okay - my right is almost 100% better, but my left felt a bit sore during the heavier sets of the next exercise.

======

Dumbbell rows 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 per arm
70s, 75s, 80s, 85s, 90s (4)

My grip gave out on me - with both hands - rather than failing because of my shoulders and arms.

======

Wide grip pull-ups; max reps, strict
10, 7, 6, 5, 5

3 comments:

Paul French said...

Much better, there were a few reps at the heavier weights where the elbows weren't behaving, but as fatigue sets in my form, and most peoples falls down a bit too. Nice work!

Common Sense Design said...

Thanks. Even before reviewing the video I could tell that with the heavier weights I was trying to correct my elbows after the bar hit my shoulders, rather than catching it cleanly with them up. I'm pleased with the weight up to and including 105lb, though. Those sets felt controlled and pretty comfortable, so I was able to use decent form. Not a great improvement in numbers - I got one more hang clean than last time - but I'm certainly happy with the improvement of my technique. All those weeks of concentrating on hang cleans certainly paid off.

Now, about my snatches...

Paul French said...

That's common, my best power clean is 245, but I didn't so much like my form on it, rarely will one be 100% happy with form on max weight attempts.

Post a Comment